Europeana Regia is digitising royal manuscripts from Medieval and Renaissance Europe.
This collaborative project aims to create a European corpus of digitised, mostly illuminated manuscripts, including 3 of the most important sets of Medieval and Renaissance manuscripts. In total, Europeana Regia will bring together 874 volumes of manuscripts and more than 307,000 images.
- Work package 1: Project Management
- Work package 2: Partner coordination and technical specification of collections
- Work package 3: Metadata requirements for digitising and archiving contemporary art
- Work package 4: Digitisation (supervision)
- Work package 5: Preparation, aggregation and ingestion of content
- Work package 6: Long-term sustainability (guidelines for long-term preservation of digital files)
- Work package 7: Dissemination
- APEnet aggregates content from Europe’s national archives.
- ASSETS aims to improve the usability of Europeana
- ATHENA aggregates museum content and promotes standards for museum digitisation and metadata.
- BHL-Europe brings biodiversity heritage into Europeana.
- CARARE aggregates content for the archaeology and architectural heritage.
- ECLAP will build a digital performing arts library.
- EURO-Photo digitises photographs from news agencies.
- European Film Gateway (EFG) aggregates cinema related material.
- Europeana Connect adds sound material to Europeana.
- Europeana Local brings content from regional and local content holders.
- Europeana Regia is digitising royal manuscripts from Medieval and Renaissance Europe.
- Europeana Travel will bring material associated with travel,trade,tourism and migration in Europeana
- EuropeanaPhotography will bring photographic collections online.
- EUscreen contributes television material to Europeana.
- HOPE aims to improve access to digital social history collections.
- JUDAICA Europeana looks at the Jewish contribution to Europe’s cultural heritage.
- MIMO will create a single access point to digital content and information about musical instruments.
- Natural Europe connects the digital collections of natural history museums.
- The European Library aggregates the content of national libraries.
- thinkMOTION gathers content from the field of motion systems.