EUscreen contributes television material to Europeana.
EUscreen will focus on television collections, digitising 30,000 programmes, stills and associated documentation. The digitised material will be available at Europeana. The project will also evaluate the use of archival broadcasts in leisure, learning and research environments and produce guidelines for long-term right clearance. EUscreen is a Best Practice Network that starts in October 2009.
- Work package 1: Project Management
- Work package 2: Partner coordination and technical specification of collections
- Work package 3: Metadata requirements for digitising and archiving contemporary art
- Work package 4: Digitisation (supervision)
- Work package 5: Preparation, aggregation and ingestion of content
- Work package 6: Long-term sustainability (guidelines for long-term preservation of digital files)
- Work package 7: Dissemination
- APEnet aggregates content from Europe’s national archives.
- ASSETS aims to improve the usability of Europeana
- ATHENA aggregates museum content and promotes standards for museum digitisation and metadata.
- BHL-Europe brings biodiversity heritage into Europeana.
- CARARE aggregates content for the archaeology and architectural heritage.
- ECLAP will build a digital performing arts library.
- EURO-Photo digitises photographs from news agencies.
- European Film Gateway (EFG) aggregates cinema related material.
- Europeana Connect adds sound material to Europeana.
- Europeana Local brings content from regional and local content holders.
- Europeana Regia is digitising royal manuscripts from Medieval and Renaissance Europe.
- Europeana Travel will bring material associated with travel,trade,tourism and migration in Europeana
- EuropeanaPhotography will bring photographic collections online.
- EUscreen contributes television material to Europeana.
- HOPE aims to improve access to digital social history collections.
- JUDAICA Europeana looks at the Jewish contribution to Europe’s cultural heritage.
- MIMO will create a single access point to digital content and information about musical instruments.
- Natural Europe connects the digital collections of natural history museums.
- The European Library aggregates the content of national libraries.
- thinkMOTION gathers content from the field of motion systems.